Trop

Monday, December 27, 2010

His Father's Son & My Daughter

Christmas 2010 is a wrap and what a pile of loot these kids received.  They must have been very, very good this year.  (And they have been)  


Our almost tweenie girl got her dream room from Santa.  A futon/couch for her room and a nightstand.  Can you imagine?  That was exactly what she wanted.  I asked her if she would be disappointed if she didn't get toys from Santa.  "Uh, no.  Right?"  Everything is followed with, "Yah, right?"  That is her little tweenie lingo for okay.


And Boo got every Star Wars toy a six year-old could dream of.  He's been putting together Legos and battling with Jedi force since Christmas morning.


Thanks to everyone for the gifts and such a special Christmas morning.  I just wish I could capture their excitement at this age in words.  But it isn't possible.  Truly a very special time for us all.  They are just thankful, appreciative, and truly enveloped in joy.  We feel so blessed.


So here's some Christmas Eve pics which I am going to title ---
His Father's Son
And you ALL know what I mean by that...hahahaha!









 Finally, a good pic of them together.
SO BLESSED!

4 comments:

  1. I want to adopt that little Star Wars lover! Please have the paperwork drawn up. We have MANY toys from the Force here. And when I say "many," I mean that our collection of Star Wars toys exceeds what's in the aisles at Toys R Us. He'll fit right at home here. Plus...he's cute! Like...WAY cute! And his sister? Well, she looks pretty dang darling, too. We'll adopt her as well. So double paperwork. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your family had a great time! I was trying to remember what your bedroom was like at her age. I completely draw a blank. I just remember Pokie and your CRAZY trombone. That's it. Hum, I'm getting old.

    Can you believe Star Wars is back with a vengeance? I'm glad they had fun!

    Thanks for the Christmas Card! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pokie! I was thinking about Pokie the other day, too! My biggest memory of him is when you and I were coloring, and I dropped my crayon on the floor. I bent down to pick it up, and that dang Dalmatian nipped me in the neck. Scared the pants off of me! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you girls too!

    Pokey was a classic watch dog :-) When they say Dalmatians are not good with kids, well, you two know that by experience. But she never did bite the family that fed her. Just their friends...hahaha!

    I just remember chasing her around the neighborhood when she went on her "runs". She did not come when called.

    ReplyDelete