Trop

Monday, December 20, 2010

Our Family and GFS Rocks!

So last week I just about threw in the towel on the holidays.  A gazillion potlucks...with no time to even shop for the necessary items, let alone cook them.  Yes, we had bagels for dinner one night.  Why?  Because it was the only thing left in the frig that was edible.  Unless you count ketchup.  And at work, women all around me asking if my shopping was done.  Yes, in my spare time, between 2 & 3am at the Walmart Supercenter.  NO!  Not done.  I was stressed to the max.


Then I found GFS.  Gordon Food Service.  Working mother's dream.  Steak chili in cans---YES STEAK!  Heat and repeat.  And frozen mini mint chocolate eclairs.  My kind of potluck food.  Except...sweet pea daughter got sick and I didn't make it to the potluck "baby shower luncheon for the lady that just had twins".  So you know what we had for dinner!  High-sodium but still better-than-bagels, steak chili.  And two days later, eclairs were delivered to the 60th birthday party / neighborhood ladies afternoon delight.  GFS rocks!


After staying home with congested daughter, I returned to work and there were 100's --- okay, dozens --- of color-copied pics of me in that blasted 1990's craft fair holiday sweatshirt with the matching ribbons in my hair.  Everyone's cube in the cube farm, within 20 people of me, had this picture, of me smiling, with that forsaken, joke of a holiday sweatshirt.  Safe to say, Miss Chris got me good.  Rumor has it there was even a couple hanging above the urinals.  I can only hope they said, "For a good time call".  And you know what they say about paybacks.  I can take it and DISH IT OUT.


Okay.  You asked for it.  Here it is with all of its glory.  
Not my shining moment but clearly very funny.
Post worthy....but I don't think the picture does the 
gold glitter glue justice.


I recovered but only after turning as red as the holiday sweater that I wore on that particular day.  And when I saw this picture, I realized that I really did look as tired as I felt.  As I mentioned, I was about to throw the towel in.  But I re-thought and used it as a pillow.


Then came the weekend and the piano recital.  Our prodigy son did great.  He walked up on stage, bowed, and then banged out Up on the Housetop, with his fingers on the wrong keys of the big piano.  But it didn't phase him.  He played the whole song about 1/2 an octave down.  He bowed and then came back to his seat.  So proud.  Not sure that is something I could have done at six.




And his sister did a perfect rendition of Silent Night in her fashionista party-perfect dress.  She has improved so much over the last year.  And I can only think how well she would be doing with a LITTLE practice...just 5 minutes each week.  Nonetheless, it was a stellar performance by the K kiddos.  We are proud parents!




And this week, both kids had their singing programs at school.  You come to their music class and listen to them bang on drums and ring bells and sing.  So stinking cute.  Boo is right under the little girl with the striped pink jacket.


And pipsqueak is in the back row, 3rd from the left, in the white t-shirt.  
She loves, loves, loves to sing.


Only two more days of the cube farm remain in 2010.  Then I'm free to be until January 3rd.  And I am going to spend EVERY single minute with the kids and za big D.  Seriously, I live for these breaks with our family.  Pippster said it best, "Our family rocks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment